- Joshua 13:1-3 ~ "1-Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the LORD said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed. 2-This is the land that yet remaineth: all the borders of the Philistines, and all Geshuri, 3-From Sihor, which is before Egypt, even unto the borders of Ekron northward, which is counted to the Canaanite: five lords of the Philistines; the Gazathites, and the Ashdothites, the Eshkalonites, the Gittites, and the Ekronites; also the Avites:"
- 1 Sam. 13:3 ~ "3-And Jonathan smote the garrison of the Philistines that was in Geba, and the Philistines heard of it. And Saul blew the trumpet throughout all the land, saying, Let the Hebrews hear. 4-And all Israel heard say that Saul had smitten a garrison of the Philistines, and that Israel also was had in abomination with the Philistines. And the people were called together after Saul to Gilgal."
The Philistines had been defeated at Geba but for 25 years the Philistines would rebuild and reposition themselves in preparation to retake what they considered to be their land. During this time they would flex and send forth a champion named Goliath who would utter perverseness against the Lord and would be defeated at the hands of an anointed boy named David.(1 Samuel 17:50) Saul would later loose his life to the Philistines in valley of Esdraelon.
God blessed David to be able to subdue the Philistines. They would continue to serve under Solomon's Empire. However the Philistines would later gain liberation once again by aligning themselves with Syria, Assryia, and Egypt. Through all the ups and downs the Philistines seemed never discouraged in planning their next uprising. Even when Israel was taken into captivity, the Philistines were evil hearted towards Israel and had what God called "old hatred" toward Israel. This ultimately represented sinful man's hatred towards God.
- Ezekiel 25:15 -17 ~"15-Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because the Philistines have dealt by revenge, and have taken vengeance with a despiteful heart, to destroy it for the old hatred; 16-Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will stretch out mine hand upon the Philistines, and I will cut off the Cherethims, and destroy the remnant of the sea coast. 17-And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."
- 1 Samuel 2:12 ~ " 2-Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the LORD
- 1 Samuel 2:22-25 ~ "22- Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; and how they lay with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. 23-And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil dealings by all this people. 24-Nay, my sons; for it is no good report that I hear: ye make the LORD’S people to transgress. 25-If one man sin against another, the judge shall judge him: but if a man sin against the LORD, who shall intreat for him? Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto the voice of their father, because the LORD would slay them."
- Isaiah 14:12-16 ~ "12-How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13-For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14-I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15-Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 16-They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;"
- 1 Sam 4:19-22 ~ "19-And his daughter in law, Phinehas’ wife, was with child, near to be delivered: and when she heard the tidings that the ark of God was taken, and that her father in law and her husband were dead, she bowed herself and travailed; for her pains came upon her. 20-And about the time of her death the women that stood by her said unto her, Fear not; for thou hast born a son. But she answered not, neither did she regard it. 21-And she named the child Ichabod, saying, The glory is departed from Israel: because the ark of God was taken, and because of her father in law and her husband. 22-And she said, The glory is departed from Israel: for the ark of God is taken."
Many have never known HIM. Nice stages, but never have known HIM. Material prosperity, but never have known HIM. Book writer, but never have known HIM. Miracle worker, but never have known HIM. Beautiful church, but never have known HIM.
If they knew HIM they would repent. If they knew him they would confess their deeds. If they knew him they would insure that thier idols are destroyed and chopped up into a million pieces. If they knew him they would stop their silliness, stop their sins and present themselves to God and the people. If they do that they will have a chance to correct what is right and help a new generation that has been the victims of the worst type of spiritual crime in history.