"Atheism is based upon a materialist philosophy, which holds that nothing exists but natural phenomena. There are no supernatural forces or entities, nor can there be any. Nature simply exists." ...
Madalyn Murray O'Hair (pictured above, left) was the founder Of American Atheists. She constantly challenged and publicly debated religious leaders and public figures on a variety of issues. She described herself as a "sexual libertarian" and stated that children in sixth grade (about 12 years old) should be given sex education and allowed to have intercourse without supervision or restriction. She felt that relationships between people, such as emotional or sexual relationships, were not open to any kind of supervision by other people and especially not by the government.
O'Hair is best known for her acts in the landmark lawsuit she brought against school prayer in Murray v. Curlett which led to a landmark Supreme Court ruling which ended the practice of daily prayer in American public schools.
Her effort was not the only effort against prayer in public schools. Charles B. Reynolds had years earlier been tried for blasphemy for teaching atheism and later was successful in getting the Attorney General in the State of Washington to eliminate prayer and religious teachings from public schools as early as the late 1800’s and early 1900's. Nevertheless, Ms. O'Hair's actions had the greatest and most far reaching impact on the landscape and climate of the modern public school system as it pertains to issues of religion, prayer, and cirriculum.
Our children have been under attack on almost every hand. Drugs, (both prescription and unlawful) Sexually Transmitted Disease, Teenage Pregancy, Absentee Fatherism, Broken Families, School Truancy are only but a few reminders of what many of our children must face every day and struggle through without having the ability to stop and call on the name of the Lord in an open and public manner. Somehow the Bible and religious cirriculum including Intelligent Design (which has more educational value, more sound science and more plausability than darwinism) has, through the legal process, been OUTLAWED and named as contraban among most educational institutions.
Many claim that the Constitutional Justification for this is solid. Either way, I believe that we are observing the results of humanities effort to remove God from our educational system and from public life in general. Like a cyst or cancer that may take years to fully metastasize and deveolp into a life threatening circumstance, I believe that the Atheist and Humanist agenda to eliminate, curse and ridicule God is having a devastating effect on all levels of life within the United States and especially upon the lives of our children, families and educational systems.
February has proven to be a devastating month for public higher eduaction. This certainly has had an effect on the assurance of security that many families took for granted as they sent their children and loved ones off to school to hopefully secure a degree and associated higher earnings potential. The following is a summary of the unexpected events that have occurred upon many of our college students and at many of our institutions of higher learning in recent history:
- Feb. 14, 2008: A former graduate student at Northern Illinois University in Dekalk opens fire in a lecture hall, killing seven students and wounding 20 others. He then commits suicide. Police have not yet found a motive but preliminary reports say that the assailant was off anti-depression medication against doctor's orders.
- Feb. 8, 2008: Latina Williams, 23, opens fire during an emergency medical technology class at Louisiana Technical College in Baton Rouge, killing Karsheika Graves and Taneshia Butler. She then kills herself. Police have not yet found a motive or motivation, only that Latina had called a suicide hotline saying that she was going to committ suicide.
- Dec. 13, 2007: Two Ph.D. students from India are found shot to death in a home invasion at an apartment on the campus of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge.
- Oct. 1, 2007: University of Memphis football player Taylor Bradford, 21, who had been rumored to have won more than US$3,000 at a casino, is fatally shot on campus in a botched robbery. Four men are later charged in the slaying, including one student.
- Sept. 21, 2007: Two students are wounded at a late-night shooting at a campus dining hall at Delaware State University in Dover. Shalita K. Middleton, 17, dies Oct. 23 from her injuries. A student is charged in the shooting.
- April 16, 2007: Cho Seung-Hui, 23, fatally shoots 32 people in a dorm and a classroom at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, then kills himself in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
- April 2, 2007: A 26-year-old researcher at the University of Washington in Seattle is shot to death in her office by her ex-boyfriend. Jonathan Rowan, 41, then kills himself.
- Sept. 2, 2006: Douglas W. Pennington, 49, kills himself and his two sons, Logan P. Pennington, 26, and Benjamin M. Pennington, 24, during a visit to the campus of Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.
- May 9, 2003: A 62-year-old man with two handguns and a bulletproof vest fires hundreds of rounds during a seven-hour shooting spree and standoff at a Case Western Reserve University building in Cleveland. One student is killed and two others are wounded. Biswanath Halder, who authorities say was upset because he believed a student hacked into his Web site, is later sentenced to life in prison.
- Oct. 28, 2002: Failing student and Gulf War veteran Robert Flores, 40, walks into an instructor's office at the University of Arizona Nursing College in Tucson and fatally shoots her.A few minutes later, armed with five guns, he enters one of his nursing classrooms and kills two more of his instructors before fatally shooting himself.
- Jan. 16, 2002: Graduate student Peter Odighizuwa, 42, recently dismissed from Virginia's Appalachian School of Law in Grundy, returns to campus and kills the dean, a professor and a student before being tackled by students. The attack also wounds three female students. Odighizuwa is serving six life sentences after pleading guilty.
- May 17, 2001: Donald Cowan, 55, fatally shoots assistant music professor James Holloway at a dorm at Pacific Lutheran University in Parkland, Washington, then turns the gun on himself. He leaves a 16-page suicide note expressing anger at a colleague of Holloway's whom he dated briefly as a teenager.
- Aug. 28, 2000: James Easton Kelly, 36, a University of Arkansas graduate student recently dropped from a doctoral program after a decade of study and John Locke, 67, the English professor overseeing his coursework, are shot to death in an apparent murder-suicide by Kelly.
- June 28, 2000: Medical resident Dr. Jian Chen kills his supervisor and then himself in his supervisor's office at the University of Washington in Seattle. Faculty say Chen, 42, was upset.
What Do You Mean Pastor?OUR nation has allowed Atheists and Humanists (Naturalists) to control education and philosophical thought that is produced and promoted in many of our public schools. This had had a devastating effect on mindsets and has set the stage for a continuing disintergration of values and moral accountability. The fact is that life consists of more than mere biology and we are more than material beings (in spit of what Madonna said) One of God's names is Jehovah-shalom (Jd. 6:24) meaning that God is Our Peace. Another of HIS names is Jehovah-shammah (Ez. 48:35) meaning that the Lord IS THERE. Where God is there is peace (Jn. 14:27) and true freedom (2 Cor. 3:17) Our schools have become filled with great confusion. Many are on medications (which the atheist thinks is the only cause here- biological malfunctions) among students and faculty.
We can debate whether values arise from God and HIS word to mankind (which I believe they do) but one thing is for certain, man if left alone to his own devices, will only destroy themselves and be destroyed through materialism and self centeredness.
Paul Kurtz, (pictured right) author, director and founder of the Council For Secular Humanism, although NOT and atheist, gives a 3 point objective to spread his godless message of materialism aka naturalism, in his editorial on his web site:
"That is why a negative atheism that seeks simply to destroy religion, without providing a positive agenda, will not in my judgment get very far. The wider platform for human progress as part of a New Enlightenment needs, I submit, to advocate secularism in the above three senses: (1) the separation of religion from the state; (2) the humanization of values that satisfy the deeper interests and needs of human beings; and (3) the decline of religious practice, entailing the growth of the Human City in place of the City of God."
Notice, the aim of the materialist is not only to assist mankind, as would be noble, but to REMOVE God and HIS principles from society in general. In other words replace the religion of God with the postmodern religion of Man. In other words, the goal of materialism is to deliver the whole of creation to the devil through flesh and carnality. Isn't that what the devil wanted from the beginning? Isn't that very same thing what he wanted from the Jesus in the wilderness? (Mt. 4:9)
Although our buildings have gotten larger and our pockets deeper, many of our churches suffer as they follow the materialist prescription for success:
- Focus on Self
- Chase Your Blessing
- Get Your Break Through,
- Seek For and Ask God For Material To Prove Your Worth and Place Within HIS Kingdom,
- Create Your Own Reality Through The "Power" Of Words,
- Live Your Best Life Now,
- Follow Your Destiny,
- Position Yourself To Prosper,
- Get's God's Best Now !
- Shape Your World etc...
Most major encouragements don't mention sin and or repentance. Some people even get tired of hearing the name of Jesus because it doesn't lead to mass marketing sales. At one point MANY leading Gospel artists refused to place the name of Jesus in their songs so that they sell more units. Today, instead of singing about God many artist simply call themselves inspirational and sing about the sun, flowers and stars.
In other words, the church is being deceived into receiving the Secularist agenda, hook, line and sinker.
Ooh yea, remeber those Gospel artists who excluded the name of Jesus so that they could become more popular?
THEY NEVER REPENTED FOR DOING SO
Now, on Sunday mornings too many of our Churches are singing and dancing themselves into a stupor without demanding integrity, justice or accountability of leadership towards God.
NO. Although there's much more to discuss about this.
A root cause and contributor of much of what we're seeing in America and in our churches today?
YES...BEYOND A DOUBT
To atheism's queen, your legacy is only a trail of death, and irrational arguments to support your presuppositions. We owe you no thanks for the further destruction of our communities...Believe that!