In Can Christians Have Demons Pt. 2 I refrenced a message by Creflo Dollar in which he said that Jesus couldn't have been God because he slept while God neither slumbers nor sleeps. The exact reference is as follows:
"And somebody said, well, Jesus came as God! Well, how many of you know the Bible says God never sleeps nor slumbers? And yet in the book of Mark we see Jesus asleep in the back of the boat. Please listen to me. Please listen to me. This ain’t no heresy. I’m not some false prophet. I’m just reading this thing out to you of the Bible. I’m just telling you, you all these fantasy preacher have been preaching all of this stuff for all of these years and we bought the package!" ~(Creflo Dollar, "Jesus' Growth into Sonship," December 8, 15, 2002, Product Number: 3422093, 3132094)
As the title of his message indicates, Creflo was teaching, currently teaches and has taught that Jesus was not born into the world divine or born as God. He teaches that Jesus became God. Here's a quote from the same message:
- "If Jesus came as God, then why did God have to anoint him? If Jesus - See God’s already anointed. If Jesus came as God, then why did God have to anoint him? Jesus came as a man, that’s why it was legal to anoint Him. God doesn’t need anointing. He is anointed. Jesus came as a man and at age thirty, God is now getting ready to demonstrate to us and give us an example of what a man with the anointing can do."(Creflo Dollar, "Jesus' Growth into Sonship," December 8, 15, 2002, Product Number: 3422093, 3132094)
- "Somebody said, 'Well, Jesus knew all things.' Well, what happened to that fig tree situation? Seeing a fig tree far off, He saw leaves on the fig tree and thought if happily He might come to that fig tree and eat of that fig tree. But when He got there He saw that there were no figs on that tree. Well, wait a minute! Ha, ha, we better, we better hope God knows when figs are on a tree! [Amen's and laughs] But Jesus didn't come as God! He came as a man! Because, if Jesus came as God He would have known figs were on a fig tree without having to see the leaves on the fig tree!"(Creflo Dollar, "Jesus' Growth into Sonship," December 8, 15, 2002, Product Number: 3422093, 3132094)
Here's what one atheist said about Jesus's cursing of the fig tree:
- "Jesus expects free food and gets mad and attacks a fig tree when he does not get his way" ~ Harry McCall "Jesus,The Anti-Establishment Lazy Bum" 1/3/2009 Debunking Christianity
- "In fact, as noted at the end of this post, Jesus was not an all knowing Christ who fabricated stories about Satan, but a superstitious Jew who believed in the oral and written lore of his people. Thus, based on a careful reading of the Gospel texts, we find a fallible Jewish man making mistakes about the end times and a man who was highly influenced by the myths and Jewish folklore of the day" ~ Harry Mccall, "Jesus, A Superstitious Man Living In a Eschatological Hotbed" Debunking Christianity.
Now these are statements by an individual who certainly doesn't believe in the divinity of Jesus whatsoever. In fact this man doesn't believe in God and would hold that if Jesus existed he was simply a man like all others. Why do his statements so closely parallel a Gospel Minister's sentiments? I'll tell you why...Because Creflo is a HERETICAL TEACHER and an APOSTATE. Just in case you didn't know the definitions or weren't aware of how important this really is, let's look at a few definitions:
- Apostate -"One who is guilty of desertion of one's faith, religion, party, or principles.
- Heresy - "unorthodoxy: any opinions or doctrines at variance with the official or orthodox position
- Heretic- "Heresy is an introduced change to some system of belief, especially a religion, that conflicts with the previously established canon of that belief"
That Creflo teaches false doctrine is an understatement. His sentiments and understanding of scripture in this case shows his lack of understanding of the relationship of Christ divinity with his humanity.
What Christians Gave Their Life For
That Jesus was born God is without question. John in his gospel establishes the preexistence of Jesus and spends a whole chapter to do it. He repeatedly asserts the concept and ends with the confession of the "doubter" (Thomas) calling Jesus "My Lord and My God". (Jn. 20:28) The disciples worship him (proskeneo), and when you look at the context of that worship you'll find that it occurs from his disciples to him after miracles of healing, deliverance, speaking to the wind etc, where you would expect one to worship God if they understand what's happening. In fact the devil in the temptation uses the same word when he asks Jesus to "worship" him in exchange for the riches of the world. Jesus was derrided by the Pharisees for the cliam that he existed before Abraham and that he had a special relationship with the father even using the Aramaic name "ABBA" win relationship to the father which indicates one who has a special sharing and place with the father. That type of sentiment hertofore had not been taught by any other Jewish teacher or rabbi when it came to God. It seems that everyone knew that Jesus was divine except for the devil, atheists and Creflo Dollar.
The gospel birth accounts correspond to Is. 7:14 which states that God would be born and dwell among us. (Also reference Is. 9:6-7) These scriptures don't say that the savior would evolve into God or become God over time...Further, in nearly every Epistle Jesus is given "Doxa" or "glory" which is the worship and praise of God. We're told that even the angels worship him, and revelation is filled with adulation to the "Lamb" or Jesus himself.
These are things that one who seeks God will surely find and come into the understanding of with sound teachers and council. Creflo's teachings have too much in common with atheism. That's why I ask, "Is Creflo Dollar an Atheist"? Christians don't teach or receive garbage like this! This is a mess.
What happened Creflo? I'll tell ya...Too much sensationalism and ungodliness in our pulpits...WHY do the members stay under this atheistic doctrine and teaching that has continued for years and certainly since he spoke in in 2002? Afraid to break with buildings, silver and gold?
All I can say is this. When I leave this world I don't want any of my works associated with the promotion or theological agreement with God haters and anti-Christ advocates. Members of World Changers and its supporters...What does the BIBLICAL CHRIST, who was BORN GOD, think about your support of ungodly, ATHEISTIC and UNBIBLICAL teaching and teachers? Sad shame!