Then both Bishop T.D. Jakes and Pastor Rick Warren have been Driven to Purposefully Reposition Themselves and endorse Obama hands down. (Or should I say "Hands Up")
But as I said in my prior prior post, Baracking The Gay Agenda, Can we really say yes to this change? At what price must we have CHANGE? Now don't think for a minute that I am providing any sort of endorsement for John McCain. (or any candidate for that matter)
I have many of the same or similar sentiments as the late Former Presiding Bishop Of The Church Of God In Christ, Bishop Dr. G.E. Patterson who said,
- Under Planned Parenthood 500,000 African-American babies are killed EVERY YEAR in the United States.
- Under Planned Parenthood 1,452 black baby deaths EVERY DAY in the United States.
- Since 1973 Planned Parenthood has been responsible for the DEATH of almost 13 MILLION BLACK BABIES in the United States under the guise of the "legal right"of abortion.
- Since 1973 in the African-American community 203,695 people have died of AIDS
- Since 1973 in the African-American community 1,638,350 people have died of CANCER
- Since 1973 in the African-American community 2,266,789 people have died of HEART DISEASE
- Since 1973 in the African-American community 13,000,000 (13 MILLION) people or (BABIES) HAVE BEEN KILLED under the guise of abortion aka a woman's right to choose.
What is the PRICE for that CHANGE?
Now this is going to be difficult for some who believe in the inerrancy of the Bible, as many evangelicals do. But in a pluralistic democracy, we have no choice. Politics depends on our ability to persuade each other of common aims based on a common reality. It involves the compromise, the art of what's possible. At some fundamental level, religion does not allow for compromise. It's the art of the impossible. If God has spoken, then followers are expected to live up to God's edicts, regardless of the consequences. To base one's life on such uncompromising commitments may be sublime, but to base our policy making on such commitments would be a dangerous thing."
Compromise by any other name smells just as sweet. Disservice to Jesus is disservice to Jesus plain and simple.
Joshua 24:14-15 ~ "Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the Lord. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."