Translate

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

BMI...A Tribute To ~ Commissioned


Now, anyone that knows me knows that I am all things Commissioned. Not simply because of personalities, but because every one of the group members that I know (past and present) are sincerely dedicated to Christ and the building of Christ's Kingdom. In other words, they are saved folk, and not just playing the part and making money. So when my friend Karl Reid posted a part of BMI's January 2011 tribute to Commissioned as sung by the Clark Sisters, I was more than happy to add it to the blog. As a bonus I added The Men Of Standard tribute to Commissioned also. This is yet another fantastic song that blessed my life. These songs were written at a time when Gospel music actually had lyrics that let you know they were singing gospel...isn't that a novel idea??? BTW: I'm rootin' for another tour with all NEW songs this time...in other words a new Commissioned project with all the original and current group members. I think we would be well served to go back to real gospel music with Christ centered lyrics.  

(Special note: I hope that the Clark Sisters and other gospel singers will continue to tribute gospel folk instead of secular folk such as Frankie Beverly...Just a thought!)

The Clark Sisters ~ "I'm Going On"


Men Of Standard ~ "Runnin' Back To You"


Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've switched to real time comments for most posts. Refresh your screen if you post and do not see it right away. Please send me an email if you try to post a comment and cannot do so. Dunamis1@netzero.com. Thanks.